Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Week 2 - starts well

Welcome to Week 2!  I have to say that I really enjoyed the first week, blogging has been more fun than I thought it would & I like reading what other coaches & CFCers have out there. 

This week I decided that I would plan out my workout schedule at the beginning of the week and commit to it.  Previously, I would kind of have an idea of what days I could make class, but never really firmed it up and it seems like it was more frequent for me to make 2 classes instead of the 3 I need to be at. I have a busy week, but I picked the days I was going to train on Sunday and sent a text to Christina to let her know I would be there & keep me honest.  On Sunday, I re-read Bryce's article on Motivation to Train - the message still hits me hard and sticks with me " Just remember, you are the only person who is in control of your life!  If your goal is to improve your performance and your life, you have to take control of the situation."  This is what I feel like I have finally done - taken control of the situation.

I'm excited about working out this week, normally I get nervous or scared about going, I told myself this week I was going to show up with a smile, do whatever was on the board & not overthink it.  This morning, I showed up and ugghh.....it was another burpee workout.  I hate burpees, almost as much as I hate running. I dream of the day that I can say "I love burpees & I'm great at doing them"....one day it will happen!  Instead of stressing on it, I just accepted that there wasn't anything I could do to change it, so I didn't think about.  I signed up for the 1st round so I could get it over with.  It was hard and I got winded almost instantly, it was 21-15-9 front squats & then burpees.  the first set was 21 and by #4 I was feeling like an elephant. There was a 10min cap, I wanted to finish in under 8 and I did it in 7:57. 

Tonight we had the CFE class - which was once again awesome.  I really like going to this, which for me to show up excited for a 7pm class - is a big deal.  Mike & Erin are both very good coaches but also make you feel so comfortable with being there/ where you're at now,  because they tell you - and I believe them - that you will get better.  We watched the video analysis of our running tonight - this one almost broke my heart.  It was really tough to watch myself because, A. I had no idea I looked that bad running, B. I sincerely resembled an elephant.  I wanted to look away, but I knew I had to see it in order to get better.  I was instantly sad & for about 5 minutes had a little pity party for myself, focusing on how shitty I was, worse than everyone else, etc..  We were heading upstairs to work on skills/drills and I had to tell myself to F'off & move on, go get better because nothing was going to change unless I learned how to do it right and worked on it.  I was first up the stairs and first in-line to do the drills.  We worked for about 20 minutes on POSE running and by the end of it I could already tell a huge difference in my form.  It was incredible.  It doesn't feel great or natural for me right now, but it will take practice and I know if I work on it, I can do it.

Nutrition:
My food has been good the last 2 days.  On Monday I started up again on my food log and that always helps keep me on track a little better.  I have eaten out 2 meals already this week & was able to make good choices both times.  Yesterday everyone at lunch ordered hamburgers or sandwiches with fries, I got a grilled salmon w/spinach.  Today we went for Mexican for lunch, I split a ceviche appetizer & split chicken/shrimp fajitas (just ate the meat & veggies). I cooked fish both nights for dinner.  I have noticed that I feel better in the morning working out when I eat fish for dinner.
Still haven't been sleeping well....need to find a way to shut my brain off when I go to bed.  I take a Melatonin pill every once in awhile, but I don't want to do that every night + sometimes it makes it hard to get up in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment