Saturday, September 11, 2010

Friday fun

I was so tired Friday morning, I hardly slept Thursday night...just couldn't get my brain to shut off.  I had promised Christina I would meet her at the 6am class, so I dragged myself out of bed & went.  It's a good thing I taped my goals to my bathroom mirror because typically I'm a big baby about going to CF in the morning if I haven't slept well.  The alarm goes off at 5:15am, I feel wiped out and tell myself it's ok to skip, I'll go another morning.  I felt better once I got to the box and was really glad I came.  The workout felt good, I can already tell a difference about how my body feels.  I've worked out more this week (5x) than I have in probably 2 - 3 years.  I had the energy to get through the workout and for the first time the pull ups actually felt good.  I still use a band, but I was able to get closer on the chest-to-bar than I had before.  I'm sore today but will be fine with some stretching and today is a rest day.

MetCon = 5 rounds + 2 PC
10min AMRAP of:
3 Power Clean (85#)
5 chest to bar pull ups (green band)
7 Wall ball (10#) 11′

Nutrition:
Friday night was the monthly supper club dinner with my girlfriends.  It's one of my favorite things to do, it's a great group and we always have a good time.  There's always a ton of wine and lots of laughs.  Last night, I drank club soda & was 'ok' with eating - there was warm brie w/crackers & a yummy greek salad hummus w/pita chips for appetizers, I was really hungry when I got there and chowed a bit on that, but did better with dinner.  I had salad, shrimp and a little blue cheese coleslaw, skipped the garlic bread, cheese souffle & dessert, but didn't feel like I was depriving myself.  I'm going out to dinner tonight with a couple of friend to celebrate our birthdays, so I wanted to save my cheat meal for that.

3 comments:

  1. Even balance is always what we are searching for. Great job again Hol.

    Remember you have to keep on a schedule and come in even if you are sore. It took me 5-6 weeks to get used of a 3-on-1-off schedule when I was doing workouts off the mainsite. The longer you do it the better your body will adapt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Balance is something I need to work on - too often I go all or nothing. Thanks for the note, I really appreciate it. I decided I'm going to make out my schedule in the beginning of the week so I have it set and then all I have to do is GO!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work Holly! I like that you have your goals posted to your mirror, I love it!

    ReplyDelete