Thursday, September 16, 2010

4x400 baseline

So it dawned on me yesterday that I needed to stop counting my days "on plan" - I'm making a lifestyle change & commitment, which means, counting is pointless.  The intention is to change for good (literally), so I will make up new titles for my posts.

CFE class
4x400meter baseline with 2min rest between reps.
I didn't know this was our workout tonight, so I didn't have a chance to stress about it today - which was a good thing.  My hamstrings were so tight yesterday & today from the WOD & POSE drills, so we got a good warm up in.  I did get a little nervous when Mike told us what we were doing, but once again, there was nothing I could do about it, so I just shut up & didn't think about it.  He had taken our 5k times and put them through a run/pace calculator to give us what our splits should be.  Mine was 2:40 (I was actually ok with that).  I went last because I knew I was the slowest and didn't want to get frustrated by getting passed.  The runs actually felt ok, I noticed a huge difference from Tuesday and even thought I know I wasn't doing full-on POSE I tried to think of 1 thing for each round that I could work out.  I really noticed how much I look down when I'm running and that I shuffle my feet instead of picking them up.  The awesome part about all of this, was the group.  Only 4 runners today (1 guy, 3 girls), the guy was 1 whole minute faster than me and the girls weren't far behind that.  But every time I came in for the finish, they were all cheering me on & pushing me to go faster.  It was the best feeling.  I made it running most of the way.  I had to walk for about 10 seconds on the 3rd & 4th lap by the turnaround.

1. 2:32
2. 2:30
3. 2:28
4. 2:25

Nutrition:
I finally went to the "new" WholeFoods store on North Ave.  I've heard great things about it but hadn't gotten there yet.  I stopped by to pick up dinner on my way home from CFE.  This place is incredible, it's huge and they have literally everything.  there was even a wine bar in it.  I really didn't feel like cooking but wanted to get something healthy.  I got some sauteed fish (tilapia & pollock) and a bunch of veggies.  Breakfast and lunch were pretty light, I'm starting to count calories now in my food log along with my Protein, Carbs & Fat.  I wasn't really aware of how many calories/day I was eating.  I'm trying to keep it within 1,300 - 1,500/day.

I'm going home for the MSU/ND football game weekend with some friend this weekend.  It will be a little bit more of challenge this weekend to stay on track.  I'm giving myself Saturday afternoon/evening as my cheat time.  I know we'll be at a few tailgates, etc..  I need to keep the booze to a minimum so I don't blow all the work I did this week.  Normally the battle cry is to "Sparty On!" -

No comments:

Post a Comment