Monday, September 6, 2010

Day 1

I've never blogged before and I'm not 100% sure how I feel about putting my feelings out there in public, but who's to say anyone's even going to read this.  Whether or not they do, I'm going to do this for me and see how blogging/being accountable works out.

Labor Day weekend is over, I had a great time, but it hit me today that summer once again flew by and the year will be over before I know it.  Am I going to once again find myself re-capping the year in December, thinking the same things as the last few years?  I didn't achieve what I wanted to,  or talked about - but if I'm honest with myself, I didn't really put my best effort into achieving them either.

I sat down and wrote out 10 goals that I want to achieve by 12/31/2010, putting pen to paper is always more effective for me versus just saying it in my head.  I've been contemplating a lot lately and I know what I need to do - I just need to commit to doing it.  Once again, my commitment issues have raised their ugly head - this time, I will win. 

Bryce's article this week really struck a cord.  I know that, I feel  working out/eating right isn't a challenge for everyone.  I get the false sense that people in great shape don't ever struggle with motivation or desire, but I realize that isn't the case.  People who maintain good health & physical fitness chose to do so.  They make solid and consistent choices about what they put in their mouths and how they treat their bodies.  It isn't "easier" for them, they just keep the goal in mind and choose accordingly.

"Just remember, you are the only person who is in control of your life!
If your goal is to improve your performance and your life, you have
to take control of the situation.  All the coaches at CrossFit Chicago
want you to succeed, but your are the only one who can initiate that
motivation for change and improvement.  If you want something bad
enough, block out the negative influences in your life.  Your success
is only dependent on you!"

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere!

    The amount of insight the coaches get from you here and the accountability factor is priceless. Hardest thing to do is to be consistent with updates, but we'll let you know when you are slacking.

    ReplyDelete