Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day 2

I'm going to have to start thinking of better titles - but I figure I can get away with counting the days for a week!

Today's workout was 21-15-9 SDHP & Thrusters (50#) 8min cap - finished in 7:05.  After a weekend out of town I was a little nervous.  I really thought I was going to throw up after the first round of SDHP and the rest of the work out was pretty broken up.  The thrusters were especially hard, couldn't really get into a rhythm.  I was glad I finished under the cap, but not especially proud of the performance.

I joined the CFE on-ramp class & am really excited about it.  I have such a huge mental block about running (I think I'm too big, I breathe too hard, I get passed by everyone...) I've also finally acknowledged I will never get better at it if I don't even try to do anything about it.  Sometimes I'm too good of a talker & need to take my own advice.  I actually had to tell one of my reps today "I'm done hearing about what you are going to do, you need to show me".  The first class was great, Erin & Mike asked everyone what they wanted to get out of the class/what our goals were.  They video taped our gait and will analyze it Thursday at class.  We do have to run a 5k baseline on Thursday, I laughed when they told us and said that I better show up early so I can get it done in time. Mike told me I'm not allowed to stress out about it, it's a baseline run, that's all.  I'm going to listen to him.

Part of my "action plan" was to set some goals in writing & post them on the bathroom mirror.  Last night I wrote down 10 things I want to accomplish by 12/31/2010.  I'm going to post the fitness ones
1. lose 25lbs
2. commit to CF - 3x/week and CFE 2x/week
3. commit to consistent healthy nutrition and healthy living
4. run a 5k by Thanksgiving weekend. no more run/walking. (I threw it out to my family to run the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning - they agreed!)

No comments:

Post a Comment