Sunday, September 26, 2010

Friday workout - weekend eating

I didn't get around to posting on Friday, so I'm doing it now, but adding in this weekend as well.  Friday's workout was tough, I was still really tired from Thursday night's 3x800 intervals and not sleeping well (about 4 hours).  I was, of course, less than thrilled to walk into the box & see the WOD had 4 rounds of 400m run.  I know better than to complain out-loud or ask for leniency about a workout, however, it had been raining all morning, so I summoned enough courage to ask if we run in the rain...thankfully Bryce offered up subbing a row for the run,  I was elated!  I was the only one who took the offer, but it made me happy.

my time: 18:46
4 rounds for time of:
400m Run (subbed 500m row)
10 Burpees
10 Pull-ups (green band)

rows were 2:20, 2:22, 2:20; 2:18
burpees – a little better than last time, less crawling
pull-ups – mostly 5/5

Nutrition:
So far I've lost 5lbs since I started my commitment & blogging.  I feel like my body has made more changes than the scale says, so I'm not getting consumed with the number right now.  I had a pretty decent milestone this weekend.  For the last 2 years, the left-hand side of my closet has been filled with clothes that do not fit.  It's depressing at times to look at how many nice things that I have that I can't wear.  Since it was so cold out, I decided to pick a few things and try them on.  Very happily 2 pairs of jeans & 1 pair of dress pants fit now!!  It was so fun to put them on and just zip them right up.  That was a huge mental victory for me.  I already know I physically feel good and can tell a difference from the last 3 weeks, but to have some concrete evidence is nice too.

Going out and being social is a big part of my life.  It's always a huge challenge for me to do this and maintain a sense of staying on track.  I tend to treat going out to be a celebration, so therefore, I don't really think to much or care about what I order/eat.  This weekend was a lot of eating out & I wanted to make sure I stayed focused and didn't go overboard.  I had eaten well all week, so Friday night I gave myself as a cheat meal.  Food wise it wasn't that bad, but I had 5 drinks.  Saturday I met some friends in the late afternoon, we were supposed to go to the putting green at Millennium Park but it was so cold we ended up going to The Gage for 5 hours...I had a great time, but kept Bryce's article in mind and I stayed in control of the situation.  I drank club soda w/a lime and tried to pick the healthier options on the menu.  Before I would have probably gone in there with the "intention of being good", but given up as soon as everyone else ordered their beers, especially since I was a little hungover still from Friday night.  We got a bunch of small plates to share, I chose the Mussels, Tartare of Antelope, pickles & olives.  We also got french fries w/curry gravy, cheese fondue, scotch egg & a smoked fish cheese dip.  Everything came with grilled garlic bread for dipping.  I tried a bite of the fondue & fish dip w/a small bit of bread and had a couple of fries, but left it as just a taste.  We made plans to meet up for breakfast this morning at a lovely French bakery/cafe and the corned beef & hash is delicious there.  I ended up ordering a mushroom omelet with fruit & a side salad instead of the potatoes.  Tonight is dinner at one of my favorite restaurants Chilam Balam (Mexican tapas/small plates).  I'm really excited to go and see everyone but I have a plan in mind for what I'll order.  For me, what seems to work best is when I have a plan and commit to sticking to it.  Now that I've seen some progress, I'm feel like my commitment to myself is getting easier to do.  Before, I would very rarely put myself first, now that I am, doing it feels really good.


This week's workout schedule: Monday, Tuesday & Friday morning at CFC, Tues & Thurs night at CF Endurance.  This is the last week of the on-ramp class....I can't believe how quickly the month flew by!

No comments:

Post a Comment