Saturday, October 2, 2010

Vacation now....Paleo Challenge later

I did not get my 5k run in today, I started to beat myself up about it for a few minutes and then realized, I can get it done when I get back, it's not the end of the world.  I have it as a "to do" the week I'm back.  I am curious to see what the result will be, I definitely feel like I will drop my time a bit, I'm not expecting a 10min mile yet, but I should see an improvement from my 39:38 time.  I've also signed up for 3 - yes 3 - upcoming 5k races.  The first one is Oct. 17th,  Harvest run in Lake Forest, then the Hot Chocolate run on Nov 6 and the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day.  I think having all of these coming up just about 2 weeks apart will keep me on task of running, intervals and drills.

I am SO excited.  I found out this morning that CFC is doing a Team Paleo Challenge from Oct 9 - Nov 23.  It's a 45-day nutrition/weight-loss challenge. (focus on the Paleo diet)  You are placed in teams of 3 and evaluated on percentage of weight lost.  Perfect way to get ready for the holiday season and extra motivation to be doing it in a group, knowing your total score counts

This mornings post had a great quote and a perfect reminder of accountability:
"Just remember, you are choosing everything you put into your body.
Have a reason for everything you do, and you WILL be successful
."

No comments:

Post a Comment