Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Developing Discipline

For whatever reason, lately I have not felt like blogging, although I'm enjoying reading everyone else's blogs.  Maybe I have blog envy, haha.  This week I committed to working out 6 days, a big step for me, but I realize I need to be at 5 - 6 times a week to be consistent with weight loss and to get better at CrossFit.  It's morning on Monday, Tues, Wed & Friday.  Tues & Thurs pm for CFE.  I'm already looking forward to the weekend!

I feel like I have been craving sweets/chocolate for almost a week now, yet when I've gone to grab for a piece of dark chocolate or candy I've stopped myself and asked "do I really want this?  is it worth it?  am I hungry or just bored?" So far, it's worked, I realize that I am doing it more out of habit than really truly wanting it.  I'm sure at some point soon, I will really want the piece of chocolate and I'll have it to enjoy.  I'll try to remember to savor it versus inhaling it.  When I was in Colorado I realized so much of my eating before was just consuming, not appreciating or enjoying it.  I was eating just to eat sometimes.  Not even really being aware of what I was eating or how poor my nutrition could get.  Keeping a food log has been one of the best things for me.

Making the commitment to workout, truly believing in the benefits of it and being aware of how good it is for me to do, has made being disciplined around working out easier for me.  I don't second-guess it or give myself excuses on why I can't make it to the gym or do a certain workout.  I don't think about it, I just tell myself to go and surprisingly I do.  I don't always look forward to it on the drive over, but am so happy once I've done it and feel great afterwards that I know it's worth it.  However, I've realized my discipline with food is quite situational. I am very strong and can stay on point, but in certain situations I automatically revert back to my bad habits, almost without thinking.  I think it's just habit, that I used to eat more/bad food around certain people or that I would "automatic eat" - eat without thinking around them.  This is something I still need to work on and be in better control of.

WODs:
Mon:
5 rounds for time (13:10)
10 burpees
10 box jumps
10 pull-ups

Tues am: (12:17)
30 pull-ups
50 kettleball swings (35#)
1k row

Tues pm:
8 x 2min on rower, 1 min rest between sets

3 comments:

  1. "For whatever reason, lately I have not felt like blogging, although I'm enjoying reading everyone else's blogs. Maybe I have blog envy, haha."

    I sense a nervous laughter. My blog has crushed your spirits, admit it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I publicly admit that blog is the "blog of all blogs."

    I now crave your posts & humor laced tirades like I did chocolate. Why am I so serious now when I write?...is it that lack of beer, wings & other black-listed foods that has clogged my brain. Is your pollution filled diet the secret to your blogs?

    Now go write me something funny so I can get through my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You answered your own questions. And I see you are back to your non-blogging ways...

    ReplyDelete