Monday, October 11, 2010

Ready, Set...Paleo!

The CrossFit Chicago Paleo Challenge has officially begun!  This is a 45-day nutrition challenge/contest at the gym based on the Paleo Diet (http://www.thepaleodiet.com/faqs).  There are 2 divisions and you get placed on a team of 3 for extra motivation.  I'm doing the weight-loss division (there is also a Performance Division for athletes who want to increase their fitness & workouts).  Tomorrow I do my weigh-in & body-fat percentage measurement/analysis....not really looking forward to seeing what the % is....

I'm committing to eating Paleo as much as possible and limiting my alcohol to just a few occasions during the contest.  I found some interesting recipes to try and am excited to see how much I can change my body in 45 days.  I know I need to increase my workouts, so I will be doing 4 days CF and 1-2 workouts for the Endurance.  I have signed up for 3...yes 3 races (5k) between now & Thanksgiving.  The first one is this Sunday.

After a week on vacation, lots of wine & Mexican food, my body is ready to get back on track.  I went to the grocery store & loaded up on fresh veggies, fish & lean protein.  So, here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment