Monday, November 1, 2010

A Meltdown of Fun-Size Portions

I feel sick, literally ill right now.  I just lost a battle of willpower to a handful of “fun-size” chocolates.  What’s so fun about them?  Apparently because they are so cute & tiny, ripping them open is fun.  I was like a junky, needing to get my fix .  The first Milky Way tasted good, so I went for the salty-sweet Reeses’ Peanut Butter cups, then another, then 2 Twix and rounded it out with 2 Almond Joy.  “Sometimes you feel like a nut…Sometimes you don't….Almond Joy got nuts, Mounds don't….Almond Joy got real milk chocolate coconut and munchy nuts, too.”  .

In retrospect, I should’ve just gone for the booze this weekend.  I made it through the weekend, all day Saturday watching football at the bars and didn’t drink or cheat on food – except for the cookies.  My friend Stacey’s mom makes the best homemade sugar cookies with frosting.  I knew I was getting some Saturday and was excited to have a few.  I’d worked out all week and kept to my diet so I was okay with it.  The cookies tasted great and I enjoyed all 6 - yes 6 - of them.  I kept waiting to feel sick or gross, but I didn’t.  I thought I was good and I was happy that was my cheat meal for the week.

However, all day Sunday I was craving sweets.  It was like a light switch got flipped and my body just wanted sugar.  I don’t have much in the house so the only thing I was able to scrounge up was a mini-bite of chocolate.  I did not heed Jonny’s wise advice of removing the candy dish from my desk at work.  Instead I put it behind me where I don’t see it most of the day.  We are going through a huge round of layoffs and things have been rather stressful/tense for the last month.  People come over frequently and dig through it, but I haven’t been interested in the candy bowl, until today.  Sugar won out and I had myself a little meltdown right after lunch.  I now feel like a slug and I want to go take a nap.  I need to stop the crazy train and get back on track.  I foresee a lot veggies and protein this week!

2 comments:

  1. My post tomorrow is for us sugar addicts!!! ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I'm right there with you Holly. I pretty much crave sweets now all the time. I keep a chocolate bar in the fridge that's 85% cocoa and take nibbles off of it if I have a really bad craving. This is definitely not easy but keep up the good work. You're doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete