Thursday, November 4, 2010

Making progress

Nutrition has been better since my fun-size party on Monday.  Ironically, I have finally lost weight this week, I would love to say it was because of the chocolaty goodness but I have to be honest and say it probably was in spite of it.  I turned in my 3-week food log to Zack and it was a huge help.  I had told him about my frustration of not losing anything for 2 weeks and he did a great assessment on the log.  He gave me some suggestions on where I could make substitutes, tweak here and there.  On his suggestion I started taking Fish Oil and I think that may have made some of the difference.  I had tried fish oil tablets earlier this summer and it lasted for about 10 days. I was fine initially and then I don't know if I psyched myself out or just started thinking about what it was, but around Day 6 I had the worst fish "burps", I couldn't take it after 4 days, it was so gross to me.  I found out that Carlson's makes a liquid "Lemon Fish Oil" which incredibly tastes only like Lemon, nothing gross, it's 1 easy teaspoon in the morning and that's it!

Thursday - Endurance
800m Run
15 Push-ups
20 Lunges
750m Row
20 Lunges
15 Push-ups
800m Run

Wednesday:
On the 5th minute for 5 rounds of:
10 Toes-to-bar
400m Run
10 Hang cleans
rds= 4:10, 3:50, 3:50, 3:46, 3:49

Post - 3 minute plank hold (:45, :38; :15)

Tuesday PM
Endurance:
C2 rower- 3×3 min Intervals w/3min Recovery Between Intervals
Hold the highest average pace for all Intervals.  (691 meters, 693 meters, 701 meters)

Tuesday AM
5 Rounds for time of: (7:04)
5 Handstand push-ups (did off box)
10 Sumo-deadlift high-pulls (40#)
20 Lunges

Post – 40 Back extensions (2 sets of 20)

2 comments:

  1. "Ironically, I have finally lost weight this week, I would love to say it was because of the chocolaty goodness but I have to be honest and say it probably was in spite of it."

    Well, you know what I have to say about this...

    As for fish oil, you just have to make sure to take it with food and you shouldn't have any problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost gave you a special shout out referencing that you would know the real reason...next time I will. Thanks for the tip on the fish oil.

    ReplyDelete